Monday, January 2, 2017

31 Days of Prompt Writing Day 2

Here is Day 2 of my January Prompt Writing Challenge

I had the same character from yesterday in mind when I wrote this, trying to capture a voice and description through her eyes.  It's very prose-y, and I wanted to keep it like that.  Just an exercise.  Please enjoy!

There. In the cushioned window seat during mid-morning. When it's brightest and the golden-white sunbeams glisten through crystal glass, casting sparkling rainbows throughout the room. With legs drawn to my chest, and bare feet curling under crushed velvet cushions, the warmth through the windows warms my face and the open pages of a book resting on top of my knees. The peach blossom tree swaying in the breeze outside invites me to stray from the page and chase after a daydream. It is peaceful. It is magical. It is beautiful. It is distracting. The petals of the blossoms dance like fairies to the sidewalk where nameless strangers stroll with parasols and polished walking canes. I make up stories about their lives, and their families, and their secrets, and their desires. The author of their mysterious lives. I have forgotten what I was there to do. How many pages have I read? 2. I slip my fingers through single, thin leafy pages, feeling the paper between them. They are soft and crisp and sharp. The scent of the aging yellow pages is like a man's cologne, musky and addictive; only better. Tea sits beside me on the tea table, untouched but begging to be enjoyed by the tongue and the depths of the mind strangling over the mysteries weaved onto paper on my lap. When noon rolls around and the sun is higher in the sky, there will be little point left to read when the crystal-formed rainbows have faded, and the tea is cold. And the book will be left there on the window seat, characters and voices trapped between to hard covers. Until the next mid-morning.

I get my daily prompts from here: http://writers-write-creative-blog.posthaven.com/tag/Writing%20Prompts

They post daily writing prompts.  I choose the one they post every day for my writing prompt.

Please leave comments and feedback!  Also if you wanted to join along or write something based on the prompt that I use and leave it as a comment or leave a link to yours that would be awesome!



All writing belongs to me©



No comments:

Post a Comment